Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Mommy Monday: Going for a hike

We have had really great weather the last couple of days, so I've tried to take full advantage of that and get Ellie outside as much as possible.  This can be tricky, as she takes really long naps, so I have to make sure we get out in the morning.  I pack lunch and we try to get out the door by 9:00am.  (I realize I could go earlier, but I am not a morning person.  9:00 am is as early as it's gonna get.)

Yesterday we just went to the park in town.  I tried to get some pictures of the hat I made for my niece, but Ellie was wild and not particularly cooperative.







 It's supposed to be an over-sized hat, but it's extra over-sized on Ellie because she's little.


Today we loaded up a backpack and the Ergo (in case Ellie got tired) and went to Radnor Lake.  It's a bit of a drive, but it's totally worth it.  We were lucky enough to see an owl as soon as we got there.  He was just chillin' on a branch about three feet from us.  Ellie just stared at him.  I wasn't sure she had even really noticed him.  After he flew away, all she talked about was that owl.  The whole time.  We also saw a wild turkey, a chipmunk, lots of birds, turtles and some ducks.  But Ellie only cared about that owl.




 She got tired trying to find her owl.

Watching the ducks.


Hiking is very hard work...





No comments: