Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

FO Friday: Master bedroom progress and pillow!

This week I decided I was going to work on our master bedroom.  Our house is small and our master bedroom isn't really any bigger than the other bedrooms, it just happens to have a half bath.  I have a "vision" for most of the rooms in the house, but for our room I just feel completely uninspired.



 I painted the walls a pale teal color because I love that color, but beyond that I just didn't know where to go.  I tried to find inspiration online, but it's frustrating when all other master bedrooms are the size of my entire house.  I have yet to find a specific inspiration room, and I'm still rather stuck on what to do, so I decided to start with just cleaning it.  Like, really cleaning.  I think I neglect our room a lot.  No one sees it, it's just not high on my priority list.



I bought an area rug to attempt to make it a little cozier and I rearranged (for probably the 30th time).



I eventually want to get rid of the TV/dresser and put a full length mirror.  The shelf with all our games is only in here temporarily because I'm trying to keep it out of Ellie's reach (tiny game pieces are probably not the best toy for a toddler who still loves to put things in her mouth), so that will eventually go and I'm debating whether or not to keep the recliner in our room, or find a smaller chair for that corner.  I'd like to get a bench for the foot of the bed and, oh, let's talk about the bed.  I want a real bed.  Like, a real bed, with a headboard, like a grown up would have.  But I am completely stumped on style.  I have no idea what I want and, believe me, I have looked.

So right now I'm fine with a clean room, I finally got a couple of pictures on the wall (not sure if that's their permanent home, but it works for now) and I made a pillow for the bed!





I found this orange fabric in the remnant bin at the fabric store.  I've had it for probably a year.  I knew I wanted to make pillows out of it when I bought it, but I never got around to it.  Yesterday Nick was home so I got to do a few sewing projects.  At the last minutes I decided to add the piping, which I had on hand for a different project.  I plan to make two pillows, one for each side, but I only had enough piping for one, so the second pillow will have to wait.  I love how it turned out.  It's the first time I've used piping on anything and I love how it gives it a finished, store bought quality.



Oh, I also made a skirt for my niece.  More on that later...

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Free food is free.. enough said. I will almost always eat free food. We're cheap, and that's ok!! So you are totally excused for a temporary lack of healthy food.