Kale and Sausage Pizza
-store-bought, refrigerated pizza dough (or homemade)
-1/2 lb sausage, browned (left overs)
-couple handful of fresh kale, chopped
-1/4 cup ricotta
-provolone cheese slices (4-6)
-1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 or 2 tbsp olive oil
- Place your pizza stone (or a baking sheet) in your oven and preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Gather all ingredients and create an assembly line.
- Once preheated, carefully remove stone/baking sheet with oven mitts and place on a heat proof surface.
- Unroll pizza dough and place on stone.
- Spread on tomato sauce (it will be a thin layer)
- Sprinkle on sausage
- Drop on dollops of ricotta cheese
- Layer on provolone cheese
- Sprinkle on kale
- Drizzle olive oil over the top
- Place in oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden brown and delicious. It really won't take long. Then consume! (maybe with a side salad or something)
This toppings combo was created out of things we had left in our frig from previous dinners. Obviously you can put anything on your pizza, but this combo was a definite winner, and we'll be having it again!